I suggest you...

Tip Jar

I am a CH and would like the option to tip designers that I do not choose but were instrumental in the process.

653 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dejaliyahdejaliyah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea. not many people are as generous to even think to tip people for their hard work.

• Larry RoLarry Ro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm now understanding why so many designers participate, even when the odds are so badly against them: they are from parts of the world where a little western money goes a very long way. And $500 is like winning the lottery. Now, I am a CH and have had 2,200 submissions so far--halfway through. It is a very unpleasant experience to know that 500 people dedicated hundreds or maybe thousands of hours for my one design. I don't even have the time to provide feedback or thanks. At the least, I want to give some of them something. Even if it's only $10 to each of the top ten. It would be nothing to me and I could at least express my appreciation better.

• Dawn StevensDawn Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should really be implemented - Has been 5 years and I have had some great reviews for being a runner up, to being offered future projects, etc. Let's get this one going, since it was internally talked about at one point and this is all coming from a contest holder. Thank you

• Hafid BelkHafid Belk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Tip jar" this is a remarkable idea, no designer can reject that but been under review since 2011 i doubt the achievement of such thing.

• ArtaboveArtabove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to know when we're highly appreciated if we didn't win. I spend endless hours working on my designs and often the client does not even respond to questions or doesn't bother to star rate the designs so we have an idea of what he or she likes or doesn't like. Tipping a non-winner is a great way to keep us motivated!

• DouglasDouglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a CH I support this. I wanted to give honorable mentions (in $) to a few runner up designers even without getting their copyright.

• DouglasDouglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a first time CH I support this. I really apprciated the work of some of the designers who didn't win and I wanted to thank them for their time.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely should be implemented!!! I would feel much more comfortable asking for changes if I could immediately reward the work with lets say $5-$20. Maybe there could also be an option that tips are only payed out to those designers that did not win the contest.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base