I suggest you...

Award 2nd and 3rd places, all contests should be guaranteed

Designers spend their lives to create for 99designs, so they deserve be awarded for 2nd and 3rd places.

All contests should be guaranteed as there no work without payment, designers are not a "crowd" or "herd", we are humans and deserve payment for our hard work.

3,084 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    j23j23 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

182 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree and propose that the final round is limited to three designers, and the final prize is divided among them. Eg. 1 place -70% of total amount, 2.th place - 20% of total amount and 3-place 10 %. Three designers in the final round is sufficient for providing quality work to the CH. If the designer is not shortlisted, our further work is stoped so we can concentrate on another designs proposals. Hope You will support my idea!

• dejaliyahdejaliyah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, in most cases freelancers get paid by the hour for all their work and revisions. whether that design is used or not we get paid. and in this case we risk not getting paid at all. alot of these contest holders don't even make a single comment or even a thank you. They just slap their 1 or 2 stars or make you revise something 15 times and keep slapping their low scores without any proper feedback or at least a THANK YOU. We're not mind readers, at least provide good inspiration of what you are looking for, and who your target customer is! If there is no guarantee how do we know these contest holders aren't just looking for design ideas they then can get someone to recreate for $50?

• yeyiyeyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TOTALLY AGRE, AND ALSO ITS A GREAT IDEA USE A WATERMARK IN OUR DESIGNS.

I also agree to cooperate with the ch a great designer and astute and clever :) thank you

• OKGSOKGS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If all contests are guaranteed, this will reduce the contest holders only to those who have the skills and time to find from portfolios if designers are capable of creating the needed designs. But such contest holders most likely will not use 99designs because they can find a designer themselves and most likely will cost them less than using 99designs. I think 99desings will go out of business if they restrict all contests to guaranteed.

There are contests with no guaranty because there are designers who are willing to take the risk. If you are unhappy about this you should blame the designers and not 99designs. And I don’t see why 99designs should restrict this, it brings more business, advertising “happy or money back” sounds great and it connects designers who are willing to take the risk with contest holders who are not sure if it is worth it. When this doesn’t work it is the designers who lose because the offering is overwhelmingly higher than the demand. If there were much more clients than designers it would have been the other way around but unfortunately for designers it is not.

Regarding the 2th and 3th award, as a percentage of the price, if implemented, this will attract more designers who are often 2th and 3th place and will discourage the participation of designers who are more often winners. Which means the overall quality at 99designs may get lower.

• bhecktybheckty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strongly agree, all contests are guaranteed payment should get 2nd and 3rd in the final round, the designer who has entered the final round is also working hard to achieve what they want by CH.

Nobody is forcing anyone to submit work here, if it's not worth it, then don't enter the contests.

I think when you uploade a design for a CH to view it should have some sort of 99designs watermark with the users screenname inside

You're right. There are some other websites where some contest holders are posting a contest that isn't guaranteed, then after they get the results they can still use a logo by simply copying and pasting it or using a snipping tool, but they never pay for it. Designers aren't in this to for nothing.

If they don't guarantee the contests, they won't get as many submissions either.

There has been on instance when I was told that I was going to be chosen by a contest holder, but the CH chose another design after I had went and printed a comp at Office Max like they requested. Never again CHs. Don't tell someone you're going to pick their design, then don't do it.

will be honored if this 99design resolve problems, so far 99design it's been a huge advantage.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base