I suggest you...

Please add some amount for all finalists designers ( i mean at least get $10 to 20 ). I think all designers get the benefit.

Please add some amount for all finalists designers ( i mean at least get $10 to 20 ). I think all designers get the benefit.

99designs collect the amount for ch.

608 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Only QualityOnly Quality shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This post has been under review for more than 2 years now and I think the best solution is to at least add that option for contest holders. If they want to give a certain additional amount (say $50) for the finalists pool to share, fine. If they don't want to, fine. But at least the option should be created for them to choose.

I don't know how many times I go through the final round, (maybe more than 70, and won less than 20) . I was always "defeated" by v-man concept, in other side I always try to out from that generic concept by make more unique designs, to make those concept I was think hard to create new ideas, but I've got nothing for all my hardwork. Maybe its easier to other designers that simply grab the v-man concept and make a bit change then they won. I need just a bit appreciation as finalist, I've got nothing except some frustation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes... it is good to have each finalist designer to get some amount.
        Because mostly it happens that the designer struggles too much...
        and he has been selected to the final round..... but in the last round
        he has been left..... so there is too much disgrace, too much disheartening.

The maths, you presented here... I will suggest....

Cut down 10$ from the winner amount .... for each designer...
        who has been selected for the final round.....

• Jason AikenAdminJason Aiken (Community Director, 99designs) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We did add finalist payments to gold contests and I hope we can do it for all contests someday... but we have not been able to fund it without raising all prices.

We tested raising the prices to pay for it but the result was that we sold less contests and we modeled out the total earnings of the community including factoring in additional money if we had paid out finalist payments and because of the decreased contests... designers made less money.

So the math did not work.

It remains something we would like to do in some way or another.

• laura coulterlaura coulter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree whole heartedly.. here is an example
        https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/parksleepfly-needs-logo-128594

now I did win this comp.. however it took a few days for them to decide.. I complained to 99designs about the entries #26 &27
        I was then told that these were common elements and that they did not copy.. Im sorry they used the same layout everything only changing the square to a circle? but that was not copying? even the gloss in the lettering was replecated..

This is why we need people who not only look at the designs but also care about us as designers its not petty when we come up with a design and we complain someone rips us off.. that was our hard work and time put into that we didn't just wait to see something good and alter it...

And this was just one example I could think of off the top of my head there have been many others but I won this in the end so it was easy to find this contest. But the fact is what if I hadn't would that have been fair?

• GabryelleGabryelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a CH I would likely just call up designers I know outside of 99 designs and work with them instead. I would consider it if it meant that I could select as little as two finalists without having to select more if I wasn't interested.

A "tip jar" is more appropriate. I would tip designers the amount I saw fit if I felt they contributed to the overall quality of the project.

this will surely help all the desinger who work hard day night so at least for that hard work they can get something and they will not be dishearten

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base