I suggest you...

Allow only designers who are participating in a contest to comment

Sometimes designers who are not participating in a contest, write comments like voting for x design (obviously friends, who intended to guide the CH to choose a design) or saying how good it is...
In other ocassions I saw some people who advertise webistes (for example the user “Tenaris” who sell web templates), and never entered a contest, look at this comment:
Tenaris:
“hey CH! watch out with these templates... don't let them fool you
http://tinyurl.com/yc7jkzf

I suggest that nobody can leave a comment in the “discussion” unless is particpating in the contest.
And if you want to ask something to the CH or a designer, before entering, you can do it contact them in the profile area.

We can’t eliminate 100% this behaviors but at least no one could play anymore with serious designers who are working in a contest.

Please vote for this.
Thanks.

715 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bodixbodix shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dejaliyahdejaliyah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have left questions for the CH regarding the contest to get more information regarding what they are looking for, before I participated. So I don't think that would be a good idea to not allow people to comment or ask questions about the contest if the brief is not very clear.

• it's just meit's just me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is community based contests type. There are so many contests and designs which can not be verified its originality easily. It is a heavy duty task that's why we need an open and vast control from designers for reporting any misconduct. So... let it be :)

• amdesignsamdesigns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many times the brief lacks some information, whether it's some confusing paragraph or maybe CH didn't upload the vector version of the logo even if he/she has it. That happens all the time.
        By disabling the option to comment, there wouldn't be an easy option to ask for a revision of the brief unless the designer submit the design.

• Impact VisualsImpact Visuals commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel that no one apart from the CH can comment. I agree that it is frustrating that people say 'oh [designer] your design is soooo good' because it sways attention from work that could be better or more relevant to the brief. It is also unfair because its done by groups, friends or what I like to call 'design syndicates'. Lets face it it doesn't matter how good a logo looks if it doesn't answer the brief then it is rendered useless.

I would say that the CH can comment because they often give additional information that is not supplied in the original brief to help designers. If a designer has a problem they should take it up with the contest holder personally.

• LeukotheaLeukothea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be no comments at all, not from the CH not from those who participate or from those who don't. It's useless.
        Contest holders often leave feedback there for everyone to see, I'm sure you've all experienced how irritating that is.
        And then there are others who either participate or not - but they all use comments for trolling.
        We have a new reporting system and everyone who think there is somekinda violation should report it, arguing or pointing it out on the comments board isn't going to solve anything, it's just very disturbing and a terrible distraction to all those participating in the contest.

• IwaRdhanIwaRdhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or perhaps a non-contest participants, marked under his name. as on the CH. so we all know who gave the comment. whether he is a contest participant or not.

• IwaRdhanIwaRdhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or perhaps a non-contest participants, marked under his name. as on the CH. so we all know who gave the comment. whether he is contestant participant or not.

• DaxDax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that there are a lot of non-participant designers making requests from the CH that are totally unreasonable.

'Make it blind'... 'Add more money to the prize' ... and so on...

On the other hand, I've seen instances where non-participating designers have acted as integrity cops... pointing out designers/designs that are clearly copies of trademarked and or other designers designs...

It works both ways, however, as long as people lack integrity, there will be an argument for either side of the fence.

• Jason AikenAdminJason Aiken (Community Director, 99designs) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is fine if not participants comment, but they should not be disrespectful or try to sell the CH something.

If any designer sees this kind of activity - report it and that individual will be either suspended or banned as appropriate.

Cheers,
        Jason

• nkhnkh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's a nice idea, but sometimes a non-contestant write some well thought opinion about the contest, such as "this contest doesn't really need heavy graphics, only well design fonts, icons and cool color combination" etc... and other people write other opinion that sometimes gets the designer inspired or like that...

maybe it's best if 99team BANNED/WARNED people that have been sign-up for x month if they haven't participate or held a contest?

Feedback and Knowledge Base