I suggest you...

Add ability to favorite or bookmark a designer

After reading the recent article about designabot on sitepoint, I wanted to make sure I remembered his username. I went to his portfolio, but there's no way for the CH to "bookmark" or "favorite" a designer so they can later invite the designer to a contest.

305 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RodneyRodney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a little skeptical about this one, what if there are companies outside of 99designs that simply use your work as a basis for their own designs. It would simply mean you're working for a company without knowing it, all the while your designs are being stolen. It's nice to have exposure but there are a lot of dishonest people out there and I've had emails on this very site asking me to reproduce designs with their logo instead (I declined them all!)

Maybe if there is an opt-out system?

• jolyoStephjolyoSteph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with "bookmarking a designer" is that they will be the "only designer to go to"... how about the next generation designers... how can they be progressive if some are just "favorite designers"... this is a competition remember?! NOT an BIDDING Project!
        On that contest you will be judge based on your creativity, understanding of the project and outstanding designs, not those 250 wins/ 3000 entered... some designers used to recycle logos and doesn't even know how to do print designs.

• timalltimall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I think this would be fun, As long as it doesn't lead to folks picking a favorite designers simply to keep an eye on their style and copycat.

• tudor31gtudor31g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not a bad idea. Surely many designers would like to be known as much as possible and be recognized by their successful designs. And to keep it simple, communication is the key to everything.

• RodneyRodney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on if this one might be planned? I just finished another contest and there are a few designers I would have loved to "bookmark" or favorite for my next contest

• HetRegentHetRegent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that when this feature is implemented it won't turn 99designs into a popularity contest like deviantart.
        Having to network all day to get some exposure is just wrong.

• lancerfourlancerfour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like, along with friends list. Both would work well; maybe in a stumbleupon kind of way (ie. become 'watchers' of anyone, but require a friend-back to become actual 'pals')

• ArtArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about adding a fellow designer as a friend, if the designer accept....a friends list of can be seen in control panels.

• dreamfreakdreamfreak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The implementation of this feature (combined with private invitations) would give 99designs a great boost.
        This feature would enable contest holders to work with preselected designers which guarantee a minimum standard of quality. i think there are many contest holders out there who are willing pay more when they have the option to work with designers that match their taste.

Feedback and Knowledge Base