I suggest you...

Designer Reputation System

A system that tracks a designers standing in the community rewarding positive participation and punishing negative participation.

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    colvinartcolvinart shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noted that there is one more problem, at least, with stealing or reporting. Some "designers" don't really know what design is. For them it is simple to make some drawing, graphic etc and that is it. Lots of them don't understand that there is story/process behind every work.
        It is really annoying to watch how some ppl taking what is yours without even changing a bit. And they don't feel shame for something like that.

• nkhnkh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a winner with more than 3contestant giving 5star negative rating needs to be dethroned or the money prize needs to be split in someways.

• Paula Ben AriPaula Ben Ari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More then ones I find myself writing a private massage to a designer that I fell he had copy my design. Be surprise that are designers that comply with my request. If they don't withdraw the design I complain to 99, but till now I never seen that 99designs do anything about this, they even don't get back to claim.
        I really think that an icon for all to see next to the design we think was copied it will be a great idea, but the icon must show a link or a picture of the original design we accuse to be copied. This way the accusation will be based and the CH or other designs will see for themselves if the accusation is fear or not.

• DharioDhario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won a guaranteed contest but on hand over, he denoted me coz he can't buy the stock photo copyright that use since he required stock photo w/ watermark or w/o water mark to use and he is going to buy the copyright from the stock photo owner. i emailed the stock photo owner and replied to me that he's willing sell the copyright. please help me. Link (http://99designs.com/contests/20677) he had already my design and copyright but didn't pay me.

• MatiuMatiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Designs are getting recycled/stolen from old competitions and placed into new ones. Sitepoint had a policy not to allow stock, this was a good thing. The contests are becommong unprofessional and the only way to win seems to leech because comming up with a decent idea is only going to get it stolen now or down the track.

• ccolccol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Art, I think it should just be handled by the 99 team...they could just kick off a designer if there were too many problems with him/her.

• ArtArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This "report" message will only be seen by 99admins only, none else.

• ArtArt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagreed, as a designer you, me and everybody should respect ones work. If you found somethings fishy with a designer then better option is to report it to "99Admins"
        Wait there's another idea to implement your request ie when you see a designer using stealed works, you will click a button ie "Report" a box will appear, make you comment... then 99admins will verify the design and warn him.

• NadiaNadia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and my post was related to the web design contests (I'm not a logo designer, so don't go there that often, unless there's a controversial contest I've heard about.) but copying or using copyrighted material would be across all contest areas I'd imagine anyway.

• colvinartcolvinart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking mostly of the "clipart" entries that I've seen, but yes, that's annoying, too.

• NadiaNadia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would have to be moderated I think, could be open to abuse. I agree though, copying certainly has to stop (posted about this under 'blind entry' thread. There are just too many designers here now who believe that using another designers ideas in their own entries is no problem... if they see a 4-5 star entry, off they go and copy elements from those designs, thinking to improve their own rating

Feedback and Knowledge Base